Friday, November 27, 2009

Tiny Haus

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?

TH- I started Tiny Haus in late 2005 making doll clothes and small toys. Over the years I've expanded to making wearables and cards. I usually make something for myself or a gift for a friend and end up thinking, "Hum... I think people would buy this." Tiny Haus is my alias online... my other self. The name just stuck.

UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?

TH- That's a tough one... so many possibilities. I would love to fly, but I'd also like super strength. I'd like to fly with some luggage.

UCU-Favorite holiday memory?

TH- My favorite moments are spent eating and laughing at big family dinners, like at Thanksgiving or Chinese New Year... or Grandma's Birthday, I guess when you're over 80 it counts as a Holiday too. LOL I live with my husband and our dog, so needless to say we don't cook big dinners or have elaborate meals much. I love the energy and joy that good cooking can bring!

UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?

TH- I will have some handmade cards that are $5. They're blank cards made from watercolor paper, felt, fabric and buttons. They're a nice unique way to express your greetings.

UCU-Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?

TH- I just finished a batch of "Tag-A-Longs". These little handfuls would love to go where you go. Made from a reclaimed mohair skirt and wool felt. Since I used reclaimed material there's a severe limit to how many I make per edition. I like to think of each batch I make as tribes. They all come from the same humble beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment