Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mud Flap Grrrl

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?
MFG- I do original tattoo inspired hand embroidery.
I have always sewn and drawn since I was a kid. I picked up embroidery (again, I found an old shirt I had done back when I was about 10) to keep my hands busy. I tried some of the patterns you could purchase but they weren't what I really was into and didn't really express my sense of humor and style. So after modifying a few of them I thought "I can draw better than that" and just started drawing up my own designs. My style is much more drawing with thread than fancy stitches. The words and the design are the most important thing. You definitely understand me when you see my work!
UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?
MFG- Boundless energy!
UCU- Favorite holiday memory?
MFG- When I was older we decided we wanted to do stockings again. So we all (parents and all) exchanged names and stuffed stockings for each other. My father got my name and he gave me garage orange hand cleaner and ammo!
UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?
MFG- I don't think so. It's hard to hand embroider something small enough to be worth only $5
UCU- Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?
MFG- Yes! I have a couple of new designs that I am very excited about. I also am now making purses! I am embroidering on the fronts and making the bags out of vinyl. I am also featuring clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment