Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dinah Coops Naturally Modern Sustainable Designs

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?
DC- I started my business, Dinah Coops Naturally Modern Sustainable Designs in 2007, aiming to create a collection of useful home products that combine a modern design sensibility and sustainability. Everything I make is hand silkscreened on recycled or rapidly renewable materials and much of it is designed for table and kitchen use, like coasters, trivets, napkins and tea towels

UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?
DC- Predicting the future. I worry about a lot of things and I think this would really take the pressure off just to know what’s going to happen.

UCU- Favorite holiday memory?
DC- I come from a fairly frugal western Pennsylvania family, but every Christmas my dad would take a portrait of each of us surrounded by what felt like a huge bounty of presents. This then became part of a library of slides that we could look back through and remember for years, like a wonderful present index.

UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?
DC- I want to! I’m thinking about a special pack of hand silkscreened cards.

UCU- Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?
DC- I’m going to have some new tea towel patterns and pendant designs that I’m excited about. I might even have the start of my next new big project ready to show—but it is a little too early to tell if I will be able to get it far enough along in time. I’m looking forward to the show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment