Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sycamore Street Press - fresh, green, and hand printed on a vintage letterpress

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?

SSP- At Sycamore Street Press, we hand print cards, posters, and more on our vintage letterpress using eco-friendly materials and fresh designs. We started around the holidays of 2007.

UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?

SSP- I'd like to be able to control time. There never seems to be enough of it.

UCU- Favorite holiday memory?

SSP- How can I pick just one? The anticipation I'd feel as a kid when I went to bed on Christmas Eve, the warmth and sense of community I felt in high school when singing in the town's Christmas choir, the year I spent all of Christmas day singing carols at an old folks home, looking around the dinner table on Christmas Eve and seeing so many faces that are so dear to me...

UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?

SSP- Yes, we will. One of our letterpress frame mat styles will be offered at $5 (They are normally $15, so this is a BIG discount.)

UCU- Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?

SSP- Well, we have some new holiday cards and a 2010 calendar poster that we are pretty excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment