Friday, November 13, 2009

Meet ilfant

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?

i-I'm a letterpress printer and book artist. I created ilfant while working on my BFA in printmaking in 1999 and focused on ilfant press after completing my MFA in printmaking and book arts in 2003.



UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?

i-I would like to manipulate time.

UCU- Favorite holiday memory?

i- My birthday is 6 days before Christmas and last year a dear friend of mine surprised me on my birthday. I thought she was still traveling in South America but instead was waiting for me at the Westlake Center carousel. She joined my boyfriend and me at Purple and we found a taxi to take us home in the crazy snow.



UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?

i- I think so. I plan to make small notebooks made from used tympans (from the letterpress; they receive the initial print to use for placement) and part of the proceeds will benefit the letterpress studio at Pratt, where I teach.



UCU- Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?

i- Oh my, yes. I will have new postcards and stationery (a completely new item for me) as part of my new School & Office series. I'm also working on sketchbooks with letterpress printed covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment