Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holden Lee Tees

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?
holden lee tees originally started when I silk screened a tee featuring my son's art for one birthday party in 2006. With some serendipity, in October of 2008, I found the time to nurture my wee cottage industry and started a more full time effort.

UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?
HLT- oh, just one...probably to be able to fly. I had recurring dreams when I was young that I could fly, and remember enjoying it very much. Imagine in today's word to be able to float and fly away, avoiding rush-hour traffic and various unpleasantness on the ground. I would be so carefree, well save for contending with the seagulls in my neighborhood.

UCU- Favorite holiday memory?
HLT- There are two, when I was three and got a baby doll that could blink. It was mesmerizing. And more recently, cutting out paper snowflakes with Holden, filling our house with wishes for snow. When we hung the last one, it snowed. Seriously! Now Holden is pretty convinced that he can make it snow on command.

UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?
HLT- We love anniversaries, so indeed we will have a $5 item--a set of eight "color-me" cards featuring the images and stories of holden lee tees. The are prefect for artists, young and old, to embellish and share with friends.

UCU- Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?
HLT- We will have hand silk screened and appliqued iron-on patches featuring our colorful characters. They are great for bags, skirts, covering the chocolate ice-cream that stained your favorite tee this summer, you get the picture. :-) We are also very excited to have a few character plushies that we are adding to our items this holiday season. And, because we are feeling chock-full of holiday spirit, we will be giving away hand silk screened ornaments to those spending $20 or more at our UCU booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment