Saturday, November 28, 2009

Rosy Red Designs

UCU- What is your business and when did it form?

Rosy Red Designs is my creative outlet. I have been making custom fine jewelry professionally for 10 years but I have a secret love for costume jewelry. In March of this year I started Rosy Red Designs to merge my love of all things vintage with my passion for making jewelry. The pieces I create are inspired by vintage ephemera and everyday objects such as salt shakers, radios and cameras. I try and use as many vintage beads and other elements as I can get my hands on. My goal is to create little bits of happiness and bring a smile to some faces without breaking the bank.

UCU- If you could have a super power what would it be?

RRD- Ever since I was a child I have wished for the ability to time travel. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to see first hand our ancestors and be an eyewitness to history? Not to mention take home some souvenirs.

UCU- Favorite holiday memory?

RRD- I have so many wonderful holiday memories. Perhaps my favorite was helping my Grandma Ethel make krumkake, a traditional Norwegian cookie. She would press the scoops of dough into the hot griddle and I would roll the warm filigreed rounds into cones on a wooden spindle. Those simple moments are the ones I try and recreate with my own children.

UCU- Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?

RRD- I will have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary, Christmas bottle cap pins. Fun vintage holiday images inside a bottle cap protected with resin.

UCU- Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?

Rosy Red Designs will have a lot of new items for the upcoming show. I have been working hard to come up with new designs that will bring joy and delight.

Can't wait for the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment