Friday, December 4, 2009

Softlife

1) What is your business and when did it form?

I formed Softlife in 2007 as an umbrella company for my various artistic pursuits. Under the cover of Softlife I have done installations, made plush guys, and created large needle felted wall hangings for exhibit.

2) If you could have a super power what would it be?

I would have in my possession a super seam ripper that could rip a hole into the very fabric of reality, allowing me to slip through into the worlds of my imagination.

Also, it would be nice to be a highly skilled painter, which seems like a super power to me.

3) Favorite holiday memory?

I grew up really poor in rural Hawaii. We lived in a house that my stepfather built out of lumber salvaged largely from the dump. For several years I slept on a door with a foam pad on it that was supported by concrete bricks. On my seventh Christmas eve I spent the day at a friends house and when I returned home that evening there was a real bed waiting for me with brand new Holly Hobby sheets and a matching bedspread. I will never forget the feeling of climbing into that soft bed and anticipating the coming of Santa. It was pure magic.

4) Will you have a special $5 item for UCU's anniversary?

Yep! But who knows what they might be...

5) Got any new items you will be showcasing at the show?

I am always coming up with new creature designs, so there will definitely be some new guys for sale. Also I am working on some small needle felted pictures, for those folks that like the large wall hangings, but can't swing the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment