Monday, July 13, 2009

Unleash your inner bohemian!

Interview with Tina, creator of Glamspoon. Come see these chic designs at our Summer Show!






UCU- How did you get started with your craft?

Tina-I've been sewing and crafting all my life, but my business venture started in 2005. I had a lot of items in my closet that I never wore but couldn't part with. I started altering them, and then found myself just cutting them up and making entirely new pieces from the materials. I then started trolling thrift stores and estate sales for recycled and vintage fabrics I could use to create my line of skirts and dresses.










UCU- Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?

Tina- I try to make sure I have a variety of sizes for every item, as well as some smaller gift like items. Mostly though, just sew, sew, sew!









UCU- Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?

Tina-My 2009 hot seller is the refashioned cotton country dress. I start with halter tops and short sleeve blouses and add layers of cotton to create a dress out of mix and match pieces, then dip it in a dye bath to give an cohesiveness to the individual prints. you can dress 'em up or dress 'em down!









UCU- Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

Tina-I love all the vendors who sell at UCU, and this time I'm setting aside time to shop myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment