Monday, July 20, 2009

Strange Child

Interview with Brendan from Strange Child. Strange Child will be a vendor at our summer show August 1st and 2nd!






UCU- How did you get started with your craft?

SC-I started screenprinting when I was in my late teens just out of my house doing punk band designs with friends. Later on in life, I got way more of the idea of wearing your own art on shirts instead. I started sculpting and painting vinyl toys as an experiment for a gallery show in Denver, The Summer of Munny show, and after that got completely hooked on creating my characters into movable toys. Now I try to juggle it all.....











UCU- Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?


SC-Production production production, try to have multiple size of every single shirt design and and multiple paintings and toys for people to pick from. Also, it's nice to plan ahead as to how your going to consolidate all your goods into the space you are given.









UCU-Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?


SC-I have a couple new seattle themed shirts designs and some brand new custom toys. Also lots of new screenprinted panel paintings.








UCU-Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

SC-I am kinda new to the north northwest so I am not familiar with that many people on the floor. I'm sure there will be lots of great art there to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment