Monday, July 6, 2009

Devout Dolls!

Sara from Devout Dolls answers some interview questions! More Devout Dolls will be available at the summer show!



UCU- How did you get started with your craft?

DD-I was always a crafty kid and my mom made dolls and fabric creations through out my childhood so it was really my destiny to pick it up as my career. I started by making really simple dolls and monsters, fairly basic shapes. I loved it instantly and begin to explore using new sewing techniques and making more intricate patterns. The popularity of my pieces propelled me into making this my full time job, and I'm very thankful!










UCU- Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?

DD-I choose the different categories I want to represent (stuffed animals, accessories, dolls, etc) then I decide on a list of items I want to show and then from there decide on how many I can make of each within the time I have to do it. Basically I just plan on making as many things as my little fingers can handle.













UCU- Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?

DD- I'm trying out some brand new accessories, some plush jewelry and pins and also some fun inexpensive items. I should have a good portion of brand new things that will be debuting at this show!














UCU-Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

DD-Everyone is amazing! I love seeing my favorite vendors but I'm also excited to see some new faces too. It's going to be a great show!






love Devout Dolls? Check out more stuffed goodies here

No comments:

Post a Comment