Monday, July 20, 2009

Selena Eon Designs!

Interview with Selena Eon, check out Selena's eclectic designs at our summer show August 1st and 2nd!












UCU- How did you get started with your craft?

SE-My mother is a custom clothier and designer. I grew up around sewing machines. I didn’t like the clothes I found in stores, and they weren’t usually the right fit either. So it was only a matter of time! My skills grew while I was in medical school as I sewed to engage different parts of my brain and for relaxation. I am a technique-geek- always trying out new ideas, methods and experimenting, while striving to be ecologically conscious. I’m a physician for my day job, but am so drawn to clothing and accessories that you’ll find me reading sewing textbooks at bedtime every night.










UCU-Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?

SE-Not really. I tend to sew when I have a fun idea or new technique I want to try out, or have happened upon some materials that call to me. So, I do what I do, compile new pieces, keep calm and carry on.














UCU-Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?

SE-I’m excited about the wristlets and clutches made from interior design leather sample rectangles that were going to be thrown away. Many have classic vintage salvaged zippers and vintage fabric linings. Each bag is one of a kind and reasonably priced. I also have new loopy neck accessories upcycled from cotton jersey tees- they are very stylish, comfortable and unique on both genders. Honestly, I am very excited about many things I’ve been making lately.









4) Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

SE-I appreciate all the vendors and look forward to seeing what you’ve been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment