Monday, July 13, 2009

Eco-Friendly Clothing by Kimmi Designs!

Interview with Kimmi from Kimmi Designs, check out more of her designs at our Summer Show!




UCU-How did you get started with your craft?

K- I started sewing as a kid, my grandmother taught me to sew and encouraged me to work on my own projects. My aunt then showed me how to copy patterns and manipulate them to get the results I wanted. After graduating high school, I attended design school in Houston, TX and furthered my skills and background knowledge of fashion history and extensive fabric knowledge. I'm addicted to fabrics and have Way to much of it!









UCU-Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?

K-To plan for a show of this size, I look at what sold well for me last time, especially the price points and work on seasonal items to fit the bill. I show test items to friends, get feedback, make sure my fits on new patterns/ideas fit Really well. I then try to get as much product made as possible for the show.










UCU- Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?

K-I'm working on a line of beautiful lace dresses, all made of recycled fabrics, that I'll be showcasing at the show. Also some new top designs.










UCU-Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

K-There's so many I'm looking forward to seeing! First is DeVout Dolls, absolutely love her work! Revival Inks, another favorite and Ugly Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment