Monday, July 6, 2009

Kalliber Designs!

Interview with Kim Kalliber from Kalliber. Check out Kim's unique one of a kind items at our summer show August 1st and 2nd!



UCU- How did you get started with your craft?

KK-I've been into collecting vintage stuff since I was young, and have been into old cars for quite some time also. I view old car parts and tools as art and eventually been combining them with fashion. I like to stand out and feel everyone should own something that's one of a kind, so I began to paint, embroider and basically revamp all sorts of things from clothing to accessories!










UCU- Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?

KK-Raid thrift stores, yard sales and swap meets on a regular basis, not to mention scrounging around in people's garages looking for old wrenches and sparkplugs - then crank on the tunes and go to work!










UCU-Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?

KK-This is my first time selling at UCU, but for those that are familiar with my purses, etc, I have been adding many new items for this show! I have been crafting jewelry out of metal parts and tools, along with a selection of handpainted wrist cuffs and men's ties. Lot of good stuff!














UCU-Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

KK-All of them! I'm so excited to be a part of UCU this year, that I am looking forward to seeing it all!










Find more of Kim's funky designs at her website

No comments:

Post a Comment