Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crystalyn Kae Accessories!

Interview with Crystalyn Kae. Check out Crystalyn Kae's fabulous handbags this weekend at our summer show!


Also, check out the preview for the upcoming Robin Williams movie featuring two of Crystalyns bags!









UCU- How did you get started with your craft?

CK-I learned how to sew when I was very young, and made my first bag when I was 12. I earned my degree in Apparel Design & Textiles and worked in the industry for a few years. I started my own business in 2001 with a booth at the Pike Place Market, and began to sell my bags to stores around the country, and on my website: www.crystalynkae.com I think what makes my bags different, is that I put such an importance on functionality and durability first. Then I try to translate that into a bag that is modern, distinctive and a bit sexy.








UCU-Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?

CK-Lots of sewing! I do my best to have a very broad selection of my core designs, and a few sneak peeks at new bags that I am working on. I really enjoy the personal interaction with customers and helping women choose the perfect bag that they'll want to use everyday.







UCU- Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?

CK-I will be bringing a few sneak peeks of a few fall bags that I am working on, as well as new twists on my classic laptop totes, messenger bags and embellished hobos in a variety of new materials.










UCU-Any vendors you look forward to seeing?

CK-I am most excited to see:

*Dotted Line Jewels - Annie makes the most amazing dramatic
earrings that literally 'make' your outfit and a bubbling
enthusiasm for what she does

* Sydney Designs - I have been a fan of Kristen's vintage wallpaper
designs for ages and I admire how prolific she is. Nearly every
room in my house has a piece of her work in it!

* Glam Garb by Gunlis - I love Gunlis' collection of hand-dyed
slips and camisoles. She has a fantastic talent to help you choose
for the piece that will flatter your body and skin color. Plus, I
am delighted that my booth will be next to Gunlis: she is truly a
joy to be around!

No comments:

Post a Comment