Friday, June 11, 2010

Meet the Interns!


Allow me to introduce Alexa, my intern counterpart or this years UCU Summer show. She’s a Seattle girl, born and raised.


Alexa, a woman of many hobbies including chocolate and filmmaking (wow!), is the talented set of hands behind FoamyWader. She began making jewelry as a hobby and her inspiration comes from all sorts of places; “art, nature, song lyrics, movie quotes, even quotes from my friends. I'll even let the gemstones inspire me before finding the words or the story for the piece.”


Hey Alexa, what made you decide to intern with UCU?

I wanted pull back the veil and see what goes on behind the scenes to bring the big, awesome craft show of UCU to life.


As a vendor and an attendee, what are your favorite aspects to big craft shows?

As a vendor or an attendee I love seeing all the different creative displays. Its like a handmade shopping mall each booth with its own distinct style.


What is one piece of advice you would give to a first time vendor at a large craft show?

For the first time vendor I would suggest doing lots of research for do's & don'ts about craft shows as well as display ideas. Check out the flickr of previous shows for inspiration. Buzz Blog is also a great resource.


That’s sound advice. Now, for the hard hitters. What would be the meal you would choose if you had to eat that and only that for the rest of your life?

Gnocchi. When I was in Rome I ate it for both lunch and dinner for four days straight, a different sauce every time.


What is your most favorite childhood memory?

My sister and I taking turns kicking open the living room door while singing "Born to be Wild."


Haha! That puts a great image in my mind. Love it.

And finally, Carrie, Miranda, Samantha or Charlotte?

I'm totally Miranda.


Sweet, nice meeting you Alexa!

No comments:

Post a Comment