Friday, November 19, 2010

Elisabeth Space Interview

Elisabeth Space is a local artist who uses precious metals, vintage pieces and gemstones to make one of a kind jewelry pieces.

es3

UCU: Pick a song that gets you in creative mood or you think would make a great addition to a "UCU Winter 2010 Soundtrack".
ES:
Random songs I'd happily play on repeat while crafting my goodies:

Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, it's huge and everywhere, but it makes me smile and whistle along
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HNY0rx2fw4

Ocarina by Birds and Batteries
http://music.birdsandbatteries.com/track/ocarina

When Water Comes to Life by Cloud Cult
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYyHAXZKaPQ

UCU: If you have pets, introduce them and tell us a bit about them!
ES:
Emme and Miles, two flubby, sweet tiger kitties. Sometimes they love each other and bathe together nonstop, other times, Emme won't give Miles, her constant suitor, the time of day. They love to sit by the fire. Or on my lap, regardless of how inconvenient this may be for me.
Emme Lou
Emme

::sigh::
Miles

UCU: What’s one thing you wish you had known at your first craft show?
ES
: Something I wish I would have known for my first craft show was to plan out some foooood. Standing at your table all day makes for a long day, but it's even longer if you forgot to bring food. This year, I'll have the help of my best friend during both days of the show, so we can tag team.

UCU: What day of show traditions are you bringing to UCU 2010?
ES:
Oh my, I wish I was seasoned enough to have some show traditions under my belt, but honestly, this is my first show in 2 years so I'm feeling a wee bit rusty. Thankfully, I'm really excited, too!

UCU: What are you nibbling on as the snow falls this winter?
ES:
Boring answer: Quinoa is a staple in my home, so I make it on a regular basis.
Honest answer: Chips and salsa. I'm obsessed with the Gorditos brand salsa (from the restaurant in Greenwood) sold only at Madison Market.

UCU: What gift are you most excited to give this year?
ES:
This year I'm pretty excited to give people gifts my homemade granola. Realizing just how much money my bf and I were spending on fancy bulk granola, I decided we had to learn how to make it ourselves. Batch after batch, we've pretty much honed the recipe to a high level of awesome.

UCU: Favorite handmade item you have? It could be made by you, gifted to you or something you picked up.
ES:
My favorite handmade item would probably have to be our coffee table. It was made by someone I've known for 15 years. To him, it was just a utilitarian piece, but to me it's unbelievably special.

es1

es5

1 comment:

  1. Your work is really beautiful. I wish you much success this weekend.

    ReplyDelete