Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meet Coco Howard

Meet Coco Howard UCU- When did you start your business? CH- I started Softlife in the winter of 2007, not too long ago! I had been making stuffed creatures and needle felted paintings for years at home in secret, then I started the Daily Creature Blog ( http://softlifeindustry.blogspot.com/ ) and the idea of Softlife as a business began to gel for me. It has been pretty fun so far! UCU- What is your favorite craft supply? CH- Well, I do have a wool fetish. I really love the sculptural possibilities that needle felting allows me. Also making creatures out of old sweaters has made me appreciate all the different textures and patterns that exist in the world of knitwear. UCU- Where do you sell your work? CH- I sell my work primarily at my the Softlife studio which is located upstairs at the Anne Bonny ( 1355 East Olive Way, Seattle), at Schmancy ( 1932 Second Ave, Seattle ), and in the Softlife Etsy store. UCU- What is your favorite part of doing big shows such as UCU? CH- This will be my first big show. I am looking forward to meeting all of the other artists as well as all of the consumers of craft! UCU- Most anticipated "hot" item in your booth this year? CH- Who really knows? I plan to have a line of plush pugilists, and a line of Creatures of Mystery among other things. Perhaps these will prove to be the "hot" items at my booth this year! [gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment