Saturday, June 27, 2009

Spooky Mama's Creations- Behind the scenes

Interview with Alicia aka Spooky mama creations. Spooky Mama's creations will be available at our UCU summer show August 1st and 2nd.


UCU- How did you get started with your craft?
SM-I started by making gifts for my friends and they loved them so I thought that other people may enjoy them as well.









UCU- Are there specific ways you plan ahead for a show of this size?
SM- I start by thinking about what type of items that I want to create and then I find the raw materials that I need and then pace myself so that I am not trying to create 30 altars a week before the show. I am constantly creating new things, it's a bit of an obsession ( but in a good way).








UCU-Are there any new items we will see at this summer’s show?
SM-I am trying to make many affordable items that are cute and will liven up your house but won't kill your wallet.



















UCU- Any vendors you look forward to seeing?
SM-I am looking forward to seeing what goodies Kalliber will have created and well as what creepy/amazing things Sara from Devout Dolls has made and the beautiful jewelry from Lyndsay from Idle Hands Designs!














To view more of Spooky Mama's work please visit her
website

No comments:

Post a Comment