Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meet Lady Konnyaku

UCU- When did you start your business?
LK- I started one whole whopping year ago. Things have been crazy great! I invite one and all to make a stop at my booth and celebrate my 1 year happy anniversary of being in business... free hugs and hi-fives for all!!
UCU-What is your favorite craft supply?
LK-Vintage fabrics from the 60s and 70s get me cuckoo crazy for clothing design! Fabrics of yore are so inspirational in both color and texture, and it is my mission to preserve and transform these worthy cuts into modern-day pieces that will rock any dreary Seattle wardrobe.
UCU- Where do you sell your work?
LK- Lady Konnyaku lovers can catch some cool, superb-quality clothing at www.Ladykonnyaku.com. There, you can peruse my gallery of designs and send me an e-mail for custom orders and requests. I love my customers who buy direct!! I actively participate in Seattle area events, especially UCU and I heart Rummage. The Pretty Parlor in Seattle carries the largest selection of Lady Konnyaku Clothing, as well as the Bouncing Wall occasionally. Look for more Lady Konnyaku in northwest boutiques in 2009 as well as in beautiful Japan!
UCU- What is your favorite part of doing big shows such as UCU?
LK-I love UCU because I have a chance to kick it with my awesomely stylish customers. The vibe is totally positive, hi-fives and hugs abound! It feels so good to see people get excited about my uniquely Japanese-street fashion inspired goodies... after bajillions of hours of sewing clothing in my chilly room... all the toiling feels worth it when I do UCU!
UCU- Most anticipated "hot item" at your booth this year?
LK- I've whipped up a batch of the cutest yoke tops with puff sleeves-- one of a kind, all of the time!
[gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment