Monday, November 22, 2010

Elisa Shere Interview

Today we'd like to introduce Elisa Shere, maker of beautiful jewelry with recycled, non-mined sterling silver that was processed in an earth friendly refinery!
elisasherejewelry_2.jpg

UCU: What’s one thing you wish you had known at your first craft show?
Elisa Shere:
wish I would have known how much fun being part of the indie craft community is! My first show was Pile of Craft, put on by the Charm City Craft Mafia in Baltimore. I've met so many friends through that show and all the other shows I've participated in. I can't wait to meet all the great Seattle crafters and shoppers.

UCU: If you have pets, introduce them and tell us a bit about them!
ES:
I have two wonderful canine companions, Ladybug and Louie. Ladybug is a basset/beagle mix and is super sweet, but oh so naughty. And Louie is a Jack Russel Mix. He's very polite and protective. They both came from the shelter and are just the cutest things - and they make great studio companions.

UCU: What item are you most excited to be offering at UCU Winter 2010?
ES:
I'm very excited about my new ceramic line. It combines my two passions, ceramics and metalsmithing. Each piece is made entirely from scratch, and include handshaped ceramic centerpieces with my own original drawings.

elisasherejewelry_3.jpg

UCU: What day of show traditions are you bringing to UCU 2010?
ES:
Well, my crafty friends and I have a tradition of hiding a toy spider in each others show stuff, so perhaps the spider will make its way to Seattle this year!

UCU: If you could sum up your work in one word, what would that be?
ES:
Unexpected

UCU: What gift are you most excited to give this year?
ES:
I haven't done any shopping yet, but plan to stop by Sam Trouts booth for a tee shirt for my husband and Steel Toe Studios for one of their key chains.

UCU: What are you nibbling on as the snow falls this winter?
ES:
Pizza to eat and hot cocoa to drink :)

UCU: Favorite handmade item you have? It could be made by you, gifted to you or something you picked up.
ES:
I love my Circa Ceramics mug. They are a crafty duo out of Chicago who make amazing retro graphic ceramics.

elisasherejewelry_4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment